On page 46 of the April issue of the Inland Empire Magazine (Fergie is on the cover) is an article titled “Three Local Bands To Hear Now”. The magazine did a beautiful write-up on Yard Sale, for which we are VERY thankful for. As soon as it’s available, I will post a link to the on-line version of the magazine so you can enjoy it as well. I highly recommend subscribing to the magazine if you are in the Inland Empire area. Anyway – just wanted to share the good news. More to come!
Welcome to the Yard Sale website!
Yard Sale has quickly become one of the most sought-after bands in the Southern California area. Our versatility and showmanship allows us to entertain at any type of occasion – from a sophisticated cocktail hour to a full-blown outdoor extravaganza - Yard Sale can truly do it all. The band's clean, professional look, extraordinary communication skills, and strict attention to detail has made Yard Sale a hot commodity amongst clients and agents, alike. Our show-stopping repertoire is arranged for a 4-piece rhythm section and 3-piece horn section, providing a rich, powerful, and refreshing sound enjoyed by guests of all ages. In short, we provide a non-stop rock, rhythm and soul experience that will truly knock your socks off.
What sets Yard Sale apart from other bands:
- The horn section! Everybody loves them and we have one of the best.
- 100% prepared from start to finish. We will arrive early, in appropriate attire, and treat everyone with respect. The way in which we present our music will speak for itself.
- Professional Playing Experience: No amateurs. Band consists of touring/studio musicians and music educators who have been doing this for 15+ years. Our front man, Griff Hamlin, is an extraordinary guitar player and vocalist who can make anyone feel like they're part of the band.
- Repertoire: Instead of trendy tunes that may only appeal to the younger members of the event, we present a set that is enjoyed by fans of all ages. All the favorite disco, funk, blues, swing, and classic rock tunes that get people dancing...igniting old memories and creating new ones.
- “Fans!” : We have a mailing list of 500+ wonderful people who will always support us at any public event and take advantage of all your community has to offer.
- The Look: Our “snazzy”, custom black/red outfits and matching stand fronts add the “icing on the cake” to an already solid presentation. Suits and tuxes for black tie affairs is customary.
- Attitude: We are a group of great musicians - smiling, having a fantastic time and appreciating the privilege of performing at your event.
On January 20, Griff and I had the pleasure of meeting many new people and getting re-aquainted with “old” friends at Concert Share in Diamond Bar. We were able to introduce Yard Sale to potential concert promoters and share our music, DVDs, pictures and stories. We hope to work with all of you in 2011. Thanks for stopping by the booth!
WOW! Special thanks to the city of Brea for welcoming Yard Sale with open arms on Friday night during Brea Fest. What a wonderful event! We had a fantastic time and truly appreciate all the nice folks who came out just to see us. We loved sharing our music with you and hope to see you all again soon!
- Griff, Laura, Ted, Quinton, Chris, Mike and Ken.
Time to party with Yard Sale at Java Joes in Yorba Linda. Fun starts at 8pm. No cover. We’ve had some really great rehearsals this month so it promises to be a slammin’ evening. Hope to see you there!
Address is: 4973 Yorba Ranch Road
Yorba Linda, CA 92887-2551
For the second year in a row, Laura has been nominated by her school for Teacher of the Year! Here are some of the statements from her colleagues: Laura Hamlin – She dedicates countless hours to help make the students successful at El Cerrito. She has an awesome manner and a great connection with students . . . encourages students to lover learning music and singing. Her greatest strength is her ability to invoke a sincere passion for music within her students through her enthusiastic and contagious spirit while demanding nothing less than the student’s best.
I’ll let you know if she wins!
What a great day today! Griff and I participated in the Concert Share event in the City of Diamond Bar. Thanks to all the folks who took the time to stop by our booth.We had the opportunity to talk with many old friends and even make a few new ones! Looking forward to working with all of you in 2010!
Yard Sale is PROUD to be part of the City of Rancho Cucamonga’s Holiday Toy Express Spark of Love Toy Drive. Santa will arrive on Metrolink’s Toy Express for the annual Spark of Love Toy Drive. More info at 909.477.2770 or send Laura an email at: Laura@yardsaletheband.com
If you are in the Rancho Cucamonga area on July 4th, you really don’t want to miss out on what they have going on. Plus, your favorite band Yard Sale will be there!
Check out all the fun here: http://www.rcpark.com/events/4thofJuly.htm
Hope to see you all there.